Life of Lilian January

My photo
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This is a blog about the life and love of Lilian January...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Daddy

Daddy oh daddy you know how much I love you..... Do you remeber that song by that kid Ricardo? I just loved that song and today I am singing it in my head. Oh I really miss my dad. I still think of the day that he passed away, it feels like it happened yesterday. I don't tell my family or friends that I miss him anymore. I think they are fed up with hearing about me missing him, so now I do it in silence. I don't cry anymore because then they will see my tears. I don't want to let people see it. people can sometimes be so cruel, they would ask why am I still crying over him?

I loved him dearly, I still do. I can't speak to my mom about it because she will end up in tears. She is very sensitive nowadays. I don't want to speak to my sister because she looks like she understands but that is not enough for me. I also don't want to speak to DH about it, he just says i don't know what to say. He does'nt speak to me about my dad because he thinks that I will cry and be sad. It's not the same like before anymore. I can now talk about my dad without being sad and without crying.

I always pray that I will see my dad again and to tell him that I love him. To let him know that he is my hero. He will never know how happy I am that I had the chance to grow up knowing and loving him. I know so many people that does not get that opportunity to be part of their parent's lives. I was fortunate enough to grow up with both my parents. And I will always thank God for that.

0 comments: